Steps to obtain a Septic System Installer Permit
- Complete the application.
- Pay the fee.
- $60.00 for basic installer
- $120.00 for complex installer
- Take the onsite septic system installer exam and pass with a score of 70% or better.
- Both the basic and complex exams are open book.
- The Technical Guidance Manual for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems can be found at: Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems
- Submit the originalSubsurface Sewage Disposal Installer Bond, made out to: State of Idaho, Director, Department of Environmental Quality, or His Designee. The bond must expire on December 31 of each year. The bond must be for $5,000.00 for a basic installer and $15,000.00 for a complex installer.