Children’s Mental Health
Sub-Committee Region VI Behavioral Health Board
Meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 10:30am at the Public Health Department, 1901 Alvin Ricken Dr, Pocatello, ID 83201
The Children’s Mental Health Sub Committee is dedicated to advancing awareness, knowledge, and treatment of behavioral health issues for all children in Region VI.
- Goal 1 - Engage the region’s providers, educator juvenile justice personnel, parents, students, and other stakeholders to determine the mental and behavioral health needs of the children.
- Goal 2 - Formulate strategies to address mental health and substance abuse needs of the children in Region VI.
Objective: The needs of the children, who meet SED criteria, but be addressed by Children’s Mental Health/Idaho Department of Health and Welfare regardless of the ability to pay.
- Goal 3 - Report needs and strategies to the Region IV Behavioral Health Board annually.
- Goal 4 - Advocate for better access of treatment services for children in rural areas.
- Goal 5 - Solicit resources necessary to carry out approved strategies that will advance our mission.