Idaho Diaper Bank
The Idaho Diaper Bank is one venue through which our community can assist low-income families, in southeast Idaho, who are struggling to obtain an adequate supply of diapers to keep their infants and toddlers clean, dry and healthy. By giving families a supplemental supply of disposable diapers, the Idaho Diaper Bank gives families a glimpse of hope and a chance to get back on track financially and, hopefully, reduce overall family stress.
What is diaper need?
- 1 in 3 Idaho families struggle to afford diapers.
- Diapers cost $18 per week, or $936 per year, on average per child; Babies need 6-10 diapers per day.
- Low-income families are forced to choose between food and diapers each month.
- Parents miss work or school because day care centers do not accept children without disposable diapers.
- If a family can’t afford diapers, a baby may spend an extended period of time in the same soiled diaper causing an increased risk of illness.
- Fifty-five percent of kids under age 3 in Idaho live in poverty or a low-income family.
- Host a Diaper Drive in your community
- Businesses & organizations are encouraged to facilitate their own community diaper drives. Contact Dana Solomon by phone at (208)239-5256 or by email to organize yours today!
- Donate dollars to the Idaho Diaper Bank at www.idahodiaperbank.org
- Because of a negotiated bulk discount price, the Idaho Diaper Bank is able to stretch your diaper dollar. Just $10 can provide a diaper supplement to a child in need for a month.