All septic pumpers must renew their licenses at the beginning of each year. Renewal applications and disposal approval forms are sent from the Pocatello office. When the pumper has completed the forms they can make an appointment with the local EHS for inspection.
- The pumper must have the application forms and appropriate fee.
- Fee is $50 plus $35 for each truck
- The EHS will inspect the pumping equipment in accordance with the Rules and record observations on the application form.
- Prior to disposal, permission to dispose of septage must be granted by each facility used. A copy of the permission sheet (Site Authorization Form) must be submitted with the application prior to the issuance of a permit.
- Discharging to a Public Sewer – Site Authorization Form required
- Discharging to a Sewage Treatment Plant – Site Authorization Form required
- Land Application – DEQ approval letter required
- Other disposal method as approved by DEQ – DEQ approval letter required
- The sewage disposal site form should be completed by the pumper and signed by all treatment plans where septage is disposed.
- All forms go to Pocatello office and licenses are then sent from there.