- Ensure the application and plot plan are complete, signed and dated.
- Pay the appropriate fee:
- Partial fee of $300 for Speculative Site Evaluation
- Full Permit fee of $712 for Site Evaluation and Permit if site is suitable
- Submit a copy of the Warranty Deed or Tax Notice for the property with the application. The permit will be issued to the name on the deed.
- Submit a plot plan, to scale, showing the features of concern from the Plot Plan Checklist.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE TAKEN WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION
** AN ONSITE EVALUATION WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICATIONS. The property owner/applicant is required to provide the test holes for the evaluation. The test holes must be a minimum of 8-10 feet deep depending on the soil type.
RULES AND GUIDANCE:
Technical Guidance Manual for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems
- This document provides guidance on the design, construction, alteration, repair, operation, and maintenance of standard individual and subsurface sewage systems, their components, and alternatives. The manual is updated periodically to adapt to the dynamic and complex nature of small wastewater disposal systems; updates are cited below.
IDAPA 58.01.03 – Individual/Subsurface Sewage Disposal Rules
- Scope: The Provisions of these rules establish limitations on the construction and use of individual and subsurface sewage disposal systems and establish the requirements for obtaining an installation permit and an installer’s registration permit. These rules apply to every individual and every subsurface blackwaste and wastewater treatment system in Idaho.