AHEC - Mission and Values
The mission of Southeast Idaho AHEC is to develop a diverse and sustainable health care workforce in rural and underserved communities in southeast Idaho.
- The AHEC Scholars Program – provides opportunities for students from clinical, behavioral and public health professions to work jointly in rural and underserved communities
- Inter-professional and continuing education - promote shared learning across disciplines
- Recruitment and retention - of high school students from rural and underserved communities into health professions strengthens our healthcare system and improves access
- Champion Southeast Idaho - highlights the benefits of living and working in Southeast Idaho
- Partnerships and collaboration - with area stakeholders improve strategic goals and ensure program success
The Southeast Idaho AHEC (Area Health Education Center), in the Institute of Rural Health at Idaho State University ENVISIONS guaranteed access to high-quality health care services for all southeast Idahoans.
Our programs VALUE
- Equal opportunities – for Southeast Idahoans to advance in healthcare professions
- Accessible avenues - to care for all Southeast Idahoans
- Interdisciplinary approaches - to address the social determinants of health
- Mirrored diversity - between health care professionals and community members